Friday 6 March 2015

Black and Gold Negative Space - NCC Inspired By Fashion

Hey y'all!

Well I promised you an announcement today, so here it is.  As of this month, I am now a member of the Nail Challenge Collaborative, a group a incredibly talented nail artist bloggers who do 4 monthly nail art looks based on a chosen theme.  This means that from now on, Fridays will become NCC nail art looks, except in the case of months with more than 4 Fridays which will have other things (possibly Foodie Fridays?) posted as well.  I'm incredibly honored and excited to be joining this group, and I will of course have inlinkz to all the other ladies' looks down at the bottom of any NCC post.

This month, we're tackling Fashion as our theme, so here's my first look this month which was Inspired by Fashion.

Black and gold 3D negative space nail art inspired by fashion for the Nail Challenge Collaborative.

All of my looks this month were inspired by the pages of Elle magazine.  Today's nail art specifically tributes this ad for Lanvin Paris. 


I started by applying a line of striping tape just above the free edge on all but my middle finger, and applying a coat of Sally Hansen Night Fright before removing the tape to reveal the negative space join, which mimics where the shoulders of the dress attach to the bodice.  After topcoating, I applied two round gold studs to each nail to mimic the hardware attachments shown in the dress.

Black and gold 3D negative space nail art inspired by fashion for the Nail Challenge Collaborative.

Since I didn't have a monkey stamp (oh but how I wish I did!) I chose to go the 3D route and use a pretty gold nail charm instead to mimic the large gold plate necklaces worn by the models.  This was placed into a coat of SV over a bare nail to complete the look.

Black and gold 3D negative space nail art inspired by fashion for the Nail Challenge Collaborative.

I really do wish that I'd had a charm or a stamp that matched the necklaces better, but overall I'm pretty pleased with the finished look, regardless.

Please check out the other fabulous Fashion looks by the members of the Nail Challenge Collaborative.




Hope you're all off to a great weekend, and I'll see ya tomorrow!