Friday 27 March 2015

Beachy Gradient Colorblocking Nail Art - NCC Inspired By Fashion

Hey y'all!

Friday's finally here, and it's the last Friday of the month, so that's insane.  Thankfully it's also my chance to present my final look for this month's NCC theme: Inspired by Fashion, where I got to play with a neutral palette and a beachy-themed gradient with some colorblocking.

Neutral blue and white gradient colorblocking nail art inspired by fashion.

My look was inspired by this ad I found for Marc Cain.


The look comprises 4 polishes and some 3D plastic marble "stones" that I received as a gift from a blogger buddy.

L-R: OPI Incognito in Sausalito, Models Own Naked Glow, Pure Ice Superstar!, Sinful Shine Bottoms Up

I began with a single coat of Superstar! on all nails.  I wasn't worried about full coverage because I knew that all the bare spots would get covered by the remaining layers of polish to come.  On my thumb and ring fingers, I applied one coat of Incognito in Sausalito over the whole nail, then affixed the coral-colored, flat-backed "marbles" onto the top center of the nail.

Neutral blue and white gradient colorblocking nail art inspired by fashion.

On the remaining nails, I began by sponging on a gradient of Superstar! and Bottoms Up but wasn't too concerned about making it a clean gradient, because the inspo piece was a pretty marked gradient to begin with.  After topcoating, I covered 1/3-to-1/2 the nail with a couple of thin coats of Naked Glow until it was fully opaque and cleaned the edgeline with a striping brush in the same color.

Neutral blue and white gradient colorblocking nail art inspired by fashion.

I like the beachy, neutral palette in this look, although I really wish I'd had a more sand colored stone to attach, but I work with what I have on hand.

To see the remainder of the 4th Inspired By Fashion looks, check out the inlinkz below!





Have a great weekend, and I will see you tomorrow!