Saturday 14 February 2015

Hey, Swatch It! OPI DS Reflection

Hey y'all!

Happy Valentine's Day!  Wow, it feels like it's been forever since I've done a Swatch It Saturday for you!  I'm happily back today with a gorgeous holo from the OPI Designer Series, Reflection, and I think it's a perfect color for today's Hallmark holiday.  Check it out.

Swatch of OPI DS Reflection.

Reflection is a cheery cherry red holo that, like just about every other OPI I own, applies beautifully.  It was opaque in one coat, but I used two for these pics, and also topped with SV although it had a reasonable shine in its own finish.  This is one of those reds that really should look good on just about any skin tone!

Swatch of OPI DS Reflection.

Because I didn't feel like my lightbox was catching all of the holo sparkle, I tossed it aside and pulled my LED light down to give a glimpse of the luster that comes off Reflection in sunlight.  You can definitely tell the difference in tone here - the lightbox pics above make it seem more blue-toned than it really is, but the deep cherry comes out in the full=spectrum lighting below.

Swatch of OPI DS Reflection.

And in case you couldn't see just how jam-packed those holo shimmers are, I pulled out my new phone macro lens to give you a closer look.

Macro swatch of OPI DS Reflection.

This is another solid hit for the DS series in my experience.  I've been picking them up here and there - this baby was found marked for clearance at an Ulta back in the fall, but you can definitely still find Reflection online, and possibly in stores if you're lucky.

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend, and I'll see ya Monday!