Friday 27 February 2015

Hey, Swatch It! Models Own Colour Chrome Collex, pt 1

Hey y'all!

As promised, I'm back today with part one of the 10-shade Models Own Colour Chrome collection.  I picked these babies up in the 50% off sale during the launch of the collection, and have decided to break this review into two posts because dear-dot-can-you-imagine a 10-piece review from me?


Before starting my swatching, I basically lined the entire collection up into more or less rainbow order, so that's how I chose to split the post in half.  None of these swatches have any top coat, and what you see is the natural finish of the polish.

I started with Silver Chrome, which has, unsurprisingly, a silver chrome finish.  Of the entire collection, this is the only one that I actually needed two coats for opacity, even after I remembered that I needed to shake the bottle well first (after which I removed what I had on and reapplied).  However, I was pleasantly surprised that it has the fewest visible brush strokes of any of the collection.  This is two coats.

Swatch and review of Models Own Colour Chrome collection, Chrome Silver

Next up is Pink Chrome, a pale, cool-toned pink.  I was pleasantly surprised that the hue really matched the bottle pretty well.  a few brush strokes popped up on this one, but otherwise I didn't have any issues.  This is one coat.

Swatch and review of Models Own Colour Chrome collection, Chrome Pink

I moved on to Chrome Cerise, a much deeper, more vibrant and warmer pink. Lovely application and very few brushstrokes.  You know I'm not a pink lover, but this is really pretty.  Shown is one coat.

Swatch and review of Models Own Colour Chrome collection, Chrome Cerise

The last of the pink range is Chrome Rose, a soft rose gold shade.  I really cannot wait to try doing some mix-n-match nail art using this with gold and silver, like a Black Hills Gold look.  I know rose golds have been really popular lately, so I'm pleased to see this in the collection.  This is one coat.

Swatch and review of Models Own Colour Chrome collection, Chrome Rose

The final shade today is Chrome Gold, a pale yellow gold foil.  It is very similar in tone to my Barry M Gold Foil, which means I may not need to keep both.  I will try to do a comparison between this collection, the Barry M foils and the Sally Hansen chromes so I can point out any dupes and then decide where to detash.  This is one coat.

Swatch and review of Models Own Colour Chrome collection, Chrome Gold

So far I am really pleased with the opacity and the finish of this collection, and my only niggling problem is the brush, which almost seems a bit concave in shape and therefore makes it really hard to get a good arch at the cuticle line, especially on my pinky finger.  If I hadn't noticed it on several of the bottles, I wouldn't have mentioned it, but maybe MO needs to look into brush shape more carefully?

Come back tomorrow to see my swatches and thoughts on the other half of the Colour Chrome collection, which contains all the greens, blues, and purples!

Until then, have a great Friday, and I'll see ya tomorrow!