Saturday 29 November 2014

Hey, Swatch It! Black Cat Lacquer Aries

Hey y'all!

Happy Caturday!  Okay, so I'm never the cat meme girl to be honest, but I had to do it in honor of today's Swatch It brand - Black Cat Lacquers!  A couple months back, I did some clearance retail therapy online and found some great US indies through UK stockists.  I went back and forth on this particular polish because it's not *really* my shade of red, but ultimately I broke down and got it because it was so pretty and because it was created for my particular astrological sign.  This is Black Cat Lacquer Aries.

Black Cat Lacquer Aries swatch.

Aren't I glad I got it in the end?  Aries is a gorgeous true red jelly, filled with red, silver, and black hex glitters of various sizes, and black shards.  These pics are 3 dab&drag coats topped with Gelous and SV.  The Gelous coat was probably extraneous because there was very little bumpiness, but I've found that sometimes SV just pools around glitter bumps, so better safe than sorry.

Black Cat Lacquer Aries swatch.

I still agree that this isn't *really* my shade of red, but I am still quite pleased with how it looks.  Application was easy with the dab&drag method.

Black Cat Lacquer Aries swatch.

I think this polish definitely captures the excitement of the Aries personality - lots of fire and flash and edge!


Black Cat Lacquer Aries swatch.

Also a favorite part?  The bottle label has the Aries symbol.


I couldn't stop taking pics of this polish... here, have some macros!

Black Cat Lacquer Aries swatch. Black Cat Lacquer Aries.


Black Cat Lacquer Aries swatch. Black Cat Lacquer Aries swatch.

Have you ever picked up a polish on discount based on the name alone, even though you weren't sure about the color?  Any regrets or surprising satisfaction?  I'd love to hear I'm not the only one out there who does this, LOL.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and I will see you on Monday!