Monday 3 November 2014

Guest Post: Sam of FingerFood Nails

Hey y'all!

Today I am so happy to be able to share with you a guest post by an incredibly talented woman who I have been lucky enough to call a cyberbuddy.  Shortly after joining the ranks of the British Nail Bloggers, I was quickly drawn to her beautifully artistic work (she's the mistress of the flowy, abstract look), and her use of bold, bright colors is as much an identifying trait as her impeccable brush skills.  Please welcome Sam, the brains and the beauty behind FingerFood Nails.

Hello everyone! As Ali has hopped back over the pond for a while she has asked for some guest posts and being one of her biggest fans, not only as an awesome nail artist, but also as a lovely human being who I love chatting with over the interweb (our "Wizard of Oz" battle is still a favourite), I couldn't resist.

I wasn't sure where to start as I'm barely painting my nails these days, but about a month ago I finally caved and ordered some stamping polishes from Mundo de Unas. I loved the simple mani I created to try the first one out so much that I wanted to share it and this seemed like a good opportunity :)
I started with a simple black base (LA Colors Black Velvet) and then once dry, used one of my favourite image plates from the Pueen Encore collection to stamp the gorgeous floral design with Mundo de Unas Cream. I finished (once the MdU was totally dry) with Seche Vite.


I am sooooooo impressed with this stamping polish. Ok, so the smell isn't great, but its not even half as bad as the cheaper Primark or pound store polishes and the pay off makes it totally worthwhile. You can see how well it stamped over the black and it was so easy to use. My first order was for 10 polishes and I'd placed my second order for another 10, two days after the first lot arrived!
I hope you like this mani and big thanks to Ali for having me on her fabulous blog (while she's enjoying chicken fried steak and frozen margaritas no doubt - how's that for stereotyping!)! ;) I don't blog a lot these days but if you'd like to see what I'm up to, my manis are mostly on IG so pop on over and say hi :)


Sam xx


Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and showing us your beautiful stamped mani!

Friends, if you'd like to see more of Sam's work, here are a few of my personal favorites:


Hope you're all doing well, and I'll see ya soon!