Friday 7 November 2014

Guest Post: Rachel of Nail Parade!

Hey y'all!

Today the guest post series continues, where I hand over the steering wheel to another UK nail blogger, Rachel.  This lovely young lady dabbles in a bit of everything on her blog beyond just swatches and nail art, including her life, her books, her makeup, and even scouting!  It's my pleasure to introduce you to the nails which lead the Nail Parade!


Hey everyone! My name's Rachel and I'm from the blog Nail Parade!  Today I'm bringing a cute little hearts design for your nails, which I have featured on my blog before, but that was quite a while ago now so I'm bringing it back!  And don't worry, you don't need to be super amazing at using nail art brushes (I know I'm not!) because it doesn't even require them! All you need is 3 nail polishes. 
That's the design then- looks cute doesn't it!? So how do you go about doing it yourself...?

It's really simple. All you have to do, after painting your nails a base colour- mine is Barry M's Silk Forest, is to take your second polish and, using the brush on its side, draw a line of polish down the side of your nail. It should hopefully look like the picture on the left!

Then, using the same polish, and before the first line dries too much, draw another line, still using the side of your brush, from near the centre of your nail, towards the tip where the other line ends. And it should look just like the pic on the right now! Do this for all of your nails, and you should end up with... 


Now you could leave them like this, if you wanted to, but I prefer a little more glitz! So if you repeat this process with yet another colour, you can end up with something awesome, like this! :) 


Polishes I used are: Barry M's Silk Forest as a base; Nicole by OPI's Positive Energy for the first heart and finally, Barry M's Glitterati VIP for the smaller heart. Before I go, I leave you with one little image with the flash on! 


...and that's all from me folks! I hope you enjoyed my little design, and will also come and check out my blog. I'd love to know if you try the design yourself too! I hope Ali enjoyed her holiday. Thanks for reading!

~Rachel

What a super cute design!  Thanks so much to Rachel for stopping by and showing off this design!

If you're interested in seeing more of Rachel's work, check out these faves:





I hope you're all enjoying these great guest posts!  While these ladies are taking over my blog, I'm busy behind the scenes getting exciting new swatches and nail art ready for you, and that includes another awesome indie that you'll get to see in tomorrow's Hey, Swatch It!

Have a wonderful weekend, and I'll see ya then!