Monday 10 November 2014

Guest Post: Elicia of Deliciate Nails

Hey y'all!

Welcome back to another week of guest posters at the FaffZone (thanks, Anne).  Hope you all had a relaxing weekend and are getting all your bits and bobs ready for the coming holidays.  Today I'm handing over the reins to another lovely UK blogger with gorgeous nails and an eye for color which both make me quite jealous!  Bonus points, because we almost share a first name.  Please welcome the beautiful and talented Elicia of Deliciate Nails!

Hello Readers!

Big thank you to the lovely Ali for letting me pop over to share one of my manis with you all! I’m pretty new to blogging so appreciate being able to reach a wider audience and as a regular reader and fan of Ali’s blog it’s certainly an honour.

Little bit about me – I’m Elicia from Deliciate Nails, 28 years old (booo), live in Sheffield, South Yorkshire and have a mild obsession with nail polish as I’m sure most of you readers do too! I started blogging just this year and am still picking lots up and learning.

The mani I created for this post is probably not very appropriate for this time of year but I just love bold bright nails and want to wear brights all year round!





I started off with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff (which is one of my most used polishes – makes a fab base for nail art) then stamped on the candy cane stripes from MoYou London Festive plate 05 (technically a Christmas plate but what the heck!)



The polishes I used to stamp were a couple of Mundo de Unas (the best stamping polishes ever, don’t you know!) the pink is number 55 and the blue is 24. I stamped my nails from the same image in one go (as opposed to stamping the different coloured lines on individually) by filling the lines in on the plate with the two polishes and then scraping the excess off carefully so as not to mix the two colours together.



I topped off with a coat of HK Girl fast drying topcoat, cleaned up around the edges, and was good to go! I liked this mani, it reminded me of sea side stick of rock or sweeties ;)

I hope you like my mani and thanks again to Ali for having me over! Feel free to check out my blog or Instagram for more.

Bye for now!

Elicia

I absolutely ADORE these nails!  The colors are fun and playful and they definitely remind me of candy sticks!  This is another fine example of why I am sad that I didn't get my order of MdUs in before I left Texas, and now they're just sitting in my Mom's house, waiting for me to claim them in the spring.  *le sigh*.  ANYWAY... if you dig Elicia's style and want to see more, be sure to check out these beauties:






Hope you're all off to a fantastic week, and I'll see ya soon!