Wednesday 29 October 2014

Jack-O'-Lanterns! CYNA Pumpkin Faces

Hey y'all!

I'm back with another Halloweeny nail art courtesy of the Challenge Your Nail Art Halloween linkup.  Today's prompt is the classic Pumpkin Face, so I've created a bevy of handful of wacky jack-o-lanterns for you!

Pumpkin Face Jack-O'-Lantern nail art.

I was actually kind of surprised how quickly these all came together, using only a handful of polishes.  For some reason I expected them to be harder?

L-R: Meltality Revelry, MoYou Nails Yellow OPI Chop-Sticking To My Story. Fright Night Claw Polish Ghostly Glow, Barry M Paprika and Cardamom

Unsurprisingly, I used an orange base color on all nails.  In this instance, it was Paprika.  For my accent nail, I topped that with a coat of Revelry, which has the perfect mix of sparkly orange and silver glitters.  On all the other nails, used a striping brush to add curving lines of Chop-Sticking To My Story from cuticle to free edge, to make them look a bit more pumpkin-y.  I drew in the character faces in Yellow with a detail brush, popped on some Cardamom stems at the top, and finally outlined the mouths and added teeth in Chop-Sticking as well.  When I was finished, I added a matte topcoat, and then went back over the face details in Ghostly Glow so what the faces would glow in the dark. 

Pumpkin Face Jack-O'-Lantern nail art.

Unfortunately I still can't figure out how to make my camera grab GITD pics, but I promise I will practice a bit, because these were pretty cool in the dark!  They're perhaps a bit orthodox and this sort of nail art has been done many many times over, but this was a first for me so I was pleased.  Hope you enjoyed them as well.

For more pumpkin face nail art, check out the inlinkz below!




Hope you're all enjoying your Wednesday, and I'll see ya tomorrow with another Halloweeny nail art!