Saturday 4 October 2014

Hey Swatch It! Barry M Fall 2014 Gelly Collection

Hey y'all!

Oooh, excitement!  Today I get to share with you all 6 shades from the Barry M Fall 2014 Gelly collection, which has been on shelves for about a month.  A couple weeks ago I showed you a water marble using one of the shades, so I hastily tried to get the whole collection swatched for you here. 

Swatch and review of the Barry M Fall 2014 Gelly release: Cocoa, Chili, Paprika, Mustard, Cardamom, and Chai.

This collection consists of 6 new colors, perfect for fall. Like the rest of the Gelly line, these are formulated to resemble cured gel polish, with a semi-puffy look and a high gloss finish.

Swatch and review of the Barry M Fall 2014 Gelly release: Cocoa, Chili, Paprika, Mustard, Cardamom, and Chai.
L-R: Barry M Cocoa, Chili, Paprika, Mustard, Cardamom, Chai
As you may have figured out, I'm a huge fan of the Gelly collections.  Not only are the colors really pretty and opaque with a high-gloss finish and quick drying time, they make excellent stamping polishes, and as I recently discovered, they also work for water marbling!  I ambitiously decided to tie all my swatches together with water marble decals using all 6 shades.  Then I had to cover up some smeared, torn-up spots, so I just threw on a bunch of gems, because, hey, whatevs.  All six shades could easily be one-coaters, but I used two thin coats for these swatches, and no topcoat on any of them.  

First up is Cocoa, a rich dark brown.  This one easily had the glossiest finish of all the shades in the collection.

Barry M swatch Cocoa

Barry M swatch Cocoa

This gorgeous red is Chili. I did have a bit of trouble with this one flooding my cuticles, but I'm not sure if that was the formula or just my own carelessness.  Either way, with a red this intense, you should take extra caution when applying for just that reason.

Barry M swatch Chili

Barry M swatch Chili

I love that Barry M has given me a perfect burnt orange shade this autumn with Paprika, because it's PERFECT for UT football season.  Hook 'em Horns! 

Barry M swatch Paprika

Barry M swatch Paprika

My least favorite shade is Mustard, because I just don't think I wear yellow polishes well.  However, it is definitely a much deeper, browner yellow, making it well named and definitely fall appropriate.  I think this would be stunning on anyone with darker skin.

Barry M swatch Mustard

Barry M swatch Mustard

This lovely grey-toned green is Cardamom, which is one of my favorite spices to say, because it feels fun in my mouth.  In polish form, Barry M has made a really different shade of green to anything else in my stash, and I love the shade.  I did notice, however, that it seems to be the least glossy of the bunch, so a top coat might be in order for this one.

Barry M swatch Cardamom

Barry M swatch Cardamom

Last but not least is Chai, which I showed you in a my first water marble decal post.  I like that there seems to be just a hint of lavender undertone to it, so it isn't just a stark grey shade. 

Barry M swatch Chai

Barry M swatch Chai

This is the first Gelly release that I've felt compelled to play Pokemon with (gotta catch em all!), and I have no regrets.  With the exception of Mustard, all 6 of these shades will easily fall into my nail art palette, especially now that I know they marble so well. 

Do you have any favorites from this release or any other Barry M Gelly?  Let me know about it down in the comments!

Hope you're all having a fantastic weekend, and I'll see ya soon!