Tuesday 28 October 2014

Halloween Jumper Nail Art CYNA Classic Orange & Black

Hey y'all!

Happy Tuesday to you!  You may have picked up a few hints that I've been on vacation the past couple weeks.  Hubby and I returned from a trip back "home" to Austin on Sunday, and we're both still recovering from the trip.  On the plus side, I have a lot of new goodies to show you coming up, and I can't wait to get started playing with them!  Thankfully I've had a few really awesome ladies step forward to give me some guest posts so that I can focus on getting everything sorted while still providing you with some great nail art!  This week, though, I have a whole handful of Halloween-themed looks for you as part of the Challenge Your Nail Art group's October offering, so come back every day this week to see 4 great seasonal looks, and the linkup to all the other participating artists.  Today's prompt is Classic Orange & Black, which I used to create this fun Halloween sweater/jumper look.

Halloween black and orange sweater jumper nail art with gold stud accents.

I was directly inspired by this Sweater Weather look by Anne at Betty's Beauty Bombs.  She used a different plate from the same brand, and of course different polishes, but her look was so beautiful that I knew I needed to try my hand at a similar design.

L-R: NYC Matte Me Crazy, Konad Black, Nelly Polish Polperro
Whereas Anne used VL025, I picked this knit design from VL004.

Knit pattern full nail image on VL004.

On Saturday I showed you all Polperro, the gorgeous orange crelly with metallic glitter which created the base for this look.  I stamped over it in black to make my sweater. 

Halloween black and orange sweater jumper nail art with gold stud accents.

To finish off, I matted it with Matte Me Crazy and then added the rectangular laser cut studs before the matte top coat was set.

Halloween black and orange sweater jumper nail art with gold stud accents.

I loved this look SO MUCH!  It just looks like a cozy soft sweater that I would love to jump into now that Autumn has officially reached the UK!

If you'd like to see more Classic Orange and Black looks, check out my cohorts in the inlinkz below.




I would love to hear what you think about this nail art down in the comments.

Hope you're all having a spooktacular week, and I will see you tomorrow!