Monday 27 October 2014

Guest Post: Kirsten of Geeky Owl

Hey y'all!

Today I'm handing over the reigns to the super sweet, super talented, and all-around super woman, Kirsten.  I fell in love with her blog because she's so innovative and relatable, and I fell in love with her personality because we have so many things in common, from our mutual obsession with Joss Whedon and Doctor Who to our shared anxiety disorder.  In addition to being one of my favorite nail bloggers, she gets to preview some of the hottest new beauty products at her posh day job - I'm totes jelly!  I am so happy and honored to be able to call this woman my friend, and to be able to share her work with you all today.  Please welcome the brains behind the Geeky Owl!

Hey y'all! This is Kirsten from Geeky Owl, I'm so excited to be a guest post on Fixin' to Faff! Ali and I met, oh um geesh, I believe in the 2014BloggerChallenge (oddly enough not a nail art challenge!). We instantly became fast friends! I then opened my store on storeenvy and Ali bought "some" items. But since she lives across the great pond I was to ship it to Texas for when she came to visit. It was then that I asked if she could bring me some polish over when she came, she agreed!
And now that she is visiting Texas again I have put in another order (it's going to be epic!). So I decided to create an owl mani because she is flying over with my polishes and it's like Owl Mail from Harry Potter! (it's better than calling her my mule! Hahahaha! Sorry Ali!)
(ed. note: Better a mule than an ass!)
For my base (I keep singing that song every time I write that word! You know the song...) I used OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not (two coats). This is a gorgeous purple with fuchsia/blurple-like flash. I stamped using China Glaze Get Outta My Space and Messy Mansion's plate MM14 for the feathers and Sugar Bubbles plate SB013 for the owls. I sealed it all up with HK Girl Top Coat.

I'm so glad to be apart of the polish community because I have made some pretty amazing friends and I am glad to call Ali one of them. She has helped me through some really tough spots and I think the world of her! I hope she has a safe flight and an amazing trip! (also, can't wait to see my polishes!) Thank you Ali for everything!

Thank you so much Kirsten - I love this signature look, and it just screams "birds of a feather," which I like to think is what we are.

If y'all want to see more of Kirsten's work, check out these personal favorites of mine:





Hope you're all doing well, and I'll see ya soon!