Friday 31 October 2014

Beetlejuice Nail Art CYNA Halloween themed TV or movie inspired

Hey y'all!

Happy Halloween, and happy Friday!  October went by so incredibly fast, I almost cannot believe it!  October 31 is, traditionally, one of my favorite days of the year because I love dressing up and going out and seeing everyone else dressed up and having a good time.  The Halloween season also brings around some of my favorite movies, including the one that inspired me for today's prompt for the Challenge Your Nail Art series, Beetlejuice!  As he says, "It's Showtime!"

Nail art based on the movie Beetlejuice.

I used a selection of black and white polishes with a couple of greens mingled together to create this look.  When I was in Texas, I saw that Sally Hansen had finally added a white and black to the Insta-Dri line, so I snapped them up immediately.  Judging by the names, though, they're probably only meant for the Halloween release, so they may be going away shortly.

L-R: Sally Hansen Night Fright, Barry M Watermelon, Beauty UK Matte Top Coat, Essie Mojito Madness, Sally Hansen OMGhost
To start paying tribute to the ghost with the most, I added two coats of OMGhost to all nails.  With a bit of torn sponge, I dabbed Mojito Madness and Watermelon around the outside of my middle and ring fingers to resemble the moldy, mildewy funk on Beetlejuice's face, and then used a detail brush to paint on his eyes in OMGhost and Night Fright.  I then added the black stripes from his suit with a striping brush and Night Fright to the remaining three nails, and touched up in a few places with OMGhost.  To finish it all up, I matted it down. 

Nail art based on the movie Beetlejuice.

I'm pretty pleased with these, considering they were super quick and easy to put together.  I've seen some AMAZING Beetlejuice nails, but I had neither the time nor the artistic ability to recreate a few of the scenes I really would have loved to, such as the shrunken head dude, Miss Argentina, or some of Delia's sculptures, so I compromised by doing something that was still recognizable (to me) without pushing me beyond my limits. 

To see other Halloween TV and Movie inspired nail art, be sure to check out the inlinkz below.




If you're out celebrating the holiday tonight, please be safe, watch out for the idiots, and definitely don't drive if you've been drinking.  Happy Halloween, and I'll see ya tomorrow!