Wednesday 20 August 2014

House of Flying Daggers Nail Art

Hey y'all!

The second prompt of the Inspire Me Nails Challenge is Movies, and this week's prompt for the Llama Nails Book/Movie Challenge is Action, so I created this nail art based on one of my favorite scenes in 2004's House of Flying Daggers.

Nail Art based on the fight in the bamboo forest scene from House of Flying Daggers.

If you've never seen the movie (and I highly recommend that you rectify that situation if you like martial arts movies or just brilliantly and beautifully colored movies), here is the scene which I wanted to recreate:
 
Photo by Bai Xiao Yan - © 2004 Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc.

I used a whole mess of different greens to get the effects the way I wanted them, as well as a white, a black, and a matte top coat.


I started with a white base, and then gently sponged on the palest mint greens.  I then began stroking in black lines to begin forming my background.  I then used the saran wrap technique to create my "ground" at the tips, and a torn sponge to create the leafy bamboo treetops at the cuticle. 

Nail Art based on the fight in the bamboo forest scene from House of Flying Daggers.

I then sponged in more of the pale white/green mix to make the fog effect come forward, and then added my foreground shoots in the darker greens, finishing them by adding the black and white segment lines, and then completing the look by adding the matte topcoat.

Nail Art based on the fight in the bamboo forest scene from House of Flying Daggers.

Overall this came out much the same way I had envisioned it in my mind, though it's a bit messy and I feel like towards the end I started rushing, which kind of effed up my foreground.  Either way, it's another one in the bag and I can't say I didn't need the practice.

To check out all the Action movie/book looks, head to the inlinkz below.




To see the other Movie themed nails, check out these ladies:




Hope you're all having a great week, and I'll see ya soon.