Thursday 17 July 2014

Yellow Pig's Day!

Hey y'all!

Something synchronous happened recently, which led to the GOT prompt  for this week (yellow) falling on July 17, otherwise known as Yellow Pig's Day, and I had to do some celebratory nail art to salute the universe for such an occurrence.

Yellow Pig's Day Nail Art

I know I haven't been keeping up with the GOT challenge as often as I would have liked, but I hope you don't mind me popping my toes in once in a while when the prompts speak to me as this one did.  As a bonus, I think every polish I used in this nail art qualifies as a "golden oldie" being more than a year old!

L-R: OPI Matte Top Coat, Sally Hansen Black Out and White On, Barry M Mushroom, elf Yellow, Wet n Wild Yellow Creme
If you're confused about Yellow Pig's Day, I invite you to do a bit of research, but suffice it to say that today is a celebration of all the wonderful mathematical properties of the number 17

Yellow Pig's Day Nail Art

This look was fairly simple to achieve, beginning with a White On base coat, followed by a single coat of Yellow, and sponged blotches of Yellow Creme which are nearly impossible to see unless you've a keen eye.  I then spotted on Mushroom using a large dotting tool, followed by more spots of Black Out. The pig face was stamped on using plate QA33, and I applied a matte top coat before attaching the googly eyes!

In keeping with the spirit of the "holiday" I've planted a magical 17 within my nail art.  Can you see it?  Comment down below if you can!

For more yellow GOT looks, be sure to check out the inlinkz below.


An InLinkz Link-up

Hope you're all having a great week, and I'll see ya soon!


Also, before you leave... have you entered the Nail Polish Bloggers Connection Group Giveaway yet?