Sunday 13 July 2014

Embrace Your Geekness Day! Cartoon/Skittles nail art

Hey y'all!

So today I am killing two challenges with one look, because I am just that freakin' slick.  Happy Embrace Your Geekness Day!  Today brings us to the final prompt in the Embrace Your Geekness Challenge (Cartoon Characters), and my second FingerFood Theme Buffet prompt, which is Skittles.  I had to finally pay tribute to my favorite cartoon of all time with this nail art, which is kind of minimalist but I hope some of you will get it.


Large and in charge, I've been watching these little rascals since The Spirit of Christmas hit the internet back in 1996.  I remember vividly a dear friend giggling so hard he was crying and hurrying us all over to his computer to watch it - and we did, at least 5 or 6 times in a row.  When the show was picked up by Comedy Central the following year, we tuned in cheerfully, and the legend was born.


I had been mentally rolling over ways to pay tribute to this cartoon for about 6 months until this challenge came up and I seized my opportunity.  As I said before, I went a bit minimalist on them, but I am deeply tickled at how they came out. 


If you're wondering about the character on my pinky finger?  Well... kick the baby!


No, don't kick the baby.  Instead, how about you get your ass back in the kitchen, and make me some pie?  Sweet. 

At this point, I'd also like to take a brief moment to send some love to Cody, who introduced us to South Park that fateful evening.  You are dearly loved and missed, my sweet friend. 

Can't get enough cartoon nail art?  Check out these others:




And if you want more skittles looks, mosey on over to these hot looks:




Also, before you leave... have you entered the Nail Polish Bloggers Connection Group Giveaway yet?

Have a fantastic Sunday, y'all!