Monday 9 June 2014

#ManiMonday Upcycled eyeshadow nail polish: Video

Hey y'all!

Today is the first of what I hope to turn into a short series where I'll show you new ways to use makeup which has otherwise past its prime.  I created this beautiful nail polish using an expired eyeshadow pigment pot which would have otherwise just been thrown out.

DIY Upcycled eyeshadow pigment nail polish and nail art

Curious?  Check out the video in which I explain how to make the custom nail polish shade and using the dry pigment to create the nail art on my ring finger.



Did you catch the stills at the end of the video?  No?  Okay, here they are again.

DIY Upcycled eyeshadow pigment nail polish and nail art

DIY Upcycled eyeshadow pigment nail polish and nail art

DIY Upcycled eyeshadow pigment nail polish and nail art

DIY Upcycled eyeshadow pigment nail polish and nail art

I am so in love with this custom color, and that I was able to reuse an old cosmetic product that would have otherwise gone in the trash!  

I would love to hear your thoughts about this in the comments!  Have you ever used any other type of cosmetic product on your nails?

Hope you're all off to a great week!  See ya tomorrow!


8 comments:

  1. Ooh this is a really nice colour. It's a shame I don't have any eyeshadow unless I would've tried this out. But at least now I know if I see a really awesome colour, there might be a way to have it on my nails :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! This is great for when you find a color that you LOVE in the package but not so much when you try it on your eyes, because fingernails are way more forgiving than the face for bright and bold color choices!

      Delete
  2. I did this ones ages ago, but I only used a shimmery nude eyeshadow, and decided it was terrible straight away, and never done it again.
    Maybe I shouldn't have written it of so soon..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh definitely needs to be tried again. Nude polishes have their place, but big colors are so much more fun!

      Delete
  3. I love the colour, especially that gradient nail, well done you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and reply whenever I have time. Thanks for reading and interacting with me!