Tuesday 17 June 2014

Floral stamping with bead accents - TPTC

Hey y'all!

First off, I have a bit of exciting news.  On Saturday I did my registration and enrollment to start nail tech certification courses in September.  I'm really excited to start "officially" learning how to create beautiful nails, and can't wait to share that experience here on the blog.  Until then, I will continue with business as usual, nail art and faffing about with things as they strike my fancy.  Today's Tri-Polish Tuesday brings me to a kind of look that I've seen in a few places but wanted to give it my own.  I've created a stamped floral mani that uses microbeads to accent the centers of the flowers.

Stamped floral coral turquoise nude microbeaded V-tip nail art

I almost got away with using all one polish maker this time, as well, but in the end decided I needed a gold foil to help the turquoise stamping, so I had to sneak another maker in. 

Stamped floral coral turquoise nude microbeaded V-tip nail art
L-R: Barry M Gold Foil, Models Own Naked Glow, Turquoise Gloss, Coral Glaze
I began with two coats of Naked Glow on all nails.  This is a really good nude polish for me but I do wish I loved the formula more.  I think Barry M has spoiled me on gel-finish polishes with the Gelly line.  Don't get me wrong; the HyperGels are good, but they just aren't AS good, IMNSHO.  Once the base was dry, I added V-tips in Turquoise Gloss and Coral Glaze.

Stamped floral coral turquoise nude microbeaded V-tip nail art

Since receiving my new Vivid Lacquer plates late last week, I had been itching for a chance to test them, and this manicure was the second version of a TPT mani using them.  The first was a horrible fail, not because of the plates but mostly because of a poor concept on my part.  I chose the lovely sort of hibiscus-y design on VL014 and added parts of the flowers to each nail in a color opposite the tip color. 

Stamped floral coral turquoise nude microbeaded V-tip nail art

Unfortunately the HyperGels are a little too sheer to work effectively as stamping polishes, which works in the favor of the coral flowers (creating a neat kind of purplish color over the tips) but failed hard-core on the turquoise stamping, which led me to double-stamp with the Gold Foil in an attempt to add some dimension or, frankly, some pizazz.  Unfortunately I think the images on my ring finger and thumb just get lost in there, but I labored on.  After a good healthy coat of HKG on each nail, I quickly applied a few microbeads to the center of each flower, gold on the coral flowers and metallic rose beads on the turquoise/gold flowers.  I also added a string of metallic turquoise beads along the shooting buds on those nails but you still can't hardly see buds on that part of the image.  Oh well.

All in all, I claim partial success, because I *love* the coral stamping over the turquoise tips and I hate the reverse.  I definitely want to give this image some more love in another design later on, and I think the beads really add something to those flowers.

Hope you're all off to a good week.  As always don't forget to check out the other nude/turquoise/coral looks from the Nail Tarts below, and I'll see ya tomorrow!




7 comments:

  1. I'm super mad at you for having such an awesome mani. My jealousy manifests itself in anger. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely no reason. You've been rocking some really awesome looks lately and I wish I had your stamina!

      Delete
  2. Ooh the Models Owns are so awesome to use! I love them <3 Also, the background is brilliant, it really looks nice with the flowers on top. As well as that, congrats on the enrollment! I am so eager to see and hear all about what it's like to be on that course, because I've always dreamt of doing something like that too. I've get plenty of years of "faffing" around ahead of me first, trying out techniques and improving my left hand steadily, but I want to do something like it! Where better to hear about the experience than from you?

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/06/recipe-to-life-2014-blogger-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I look forward to being able to share the experience here with everyone.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, no dissing the thumb and ring finger! I love All the mani. I think the 'fail' of the turquoise and you adding the gold added splash and zest to it. Using the caviar beads was inspired!

    Congratulations on enrolling for nail tech certification!!! lol, I would love to enroll and try to get a license just to be able to go to those nail supply stores! I hope this endeavor is fulfilling for you, and increases the joy in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your kind words!

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and reply whenever I have time. Thanks for reading and interacting with me!