Sunday 23 February 2014

Tag: My OH Does My Nails, or, Mr. Faff Faffs About

Hey y'all!

I've got a totally fun tag today that is presented by the British Nail Bloggers (you know, the group responsible for British Nail Bloggers Get Rubbed and other such wacky tags).  Charlie from Pocket Money Polishes had the idea to mutilate the "My Boyfriend Does My Makeup" tag into something that we nail bloggers could do for fun, and thus the "My Other Half (OT) Does My Nails" was born.

Initially, I was hesitant to even suggest it to Mr. Faff, because he rarely likes being anywhere near me when I'm doing my nails, as the smells affect his asthma, but it came up in conversation and he actually seemed interested!  He decided he wanted to do Liverpool colors and dots, and here is the result:


I think he did a really great job for a noob!  He has an... interesting technique for painting, where he kind of dabbed polish into the center, then came back in and sort of worked the edges in (he says this is how he paints walls, as well).  I did manage to take some shots of him at work in between him yelling at me for "wiggling".  He took it VERY seriously, LOL!  I think he believes that the spouses are in some sort of competition or something, despite my assurances to the contrary.

Mr. Faff wants to point out that it's amazing that he was able to paint my nails, having none of his own - but you aren't allowed to judge him for being a chewer, because then I will have to kicketh thy teeth in.

The edges were done only after all the centers were complete.

Very minimal cleanup was necessary, but he did that himself, too.

It took him a while to really get the hang of the dotting tool, but once he had it, he was off!

Here he's finishing up the last nail, feeling quite pleased with himself.


I'm not sure exactly what Liverpool and dice have to do with one another, but he seemed to like the idea.  He used Rimmel Double Decker Red as his base (this is a single coat, which is why it appears so orange on the nail) and LA Colors Shock for the dots.


Can't say how much fun HE had while painting my nails, but it was definitely entertaining for me to sit back and let him pamper me for a hot minute.  I'm not saying he's ready to jump out of the nest just yet, but I think if he wanted to, and with a little instruction and practice, he could get pretty good!


I hope you guys enjoyed this fun little break from the norm.  This was definitely a fun tag and I see now why it's so popular among the YouTubers.  Sound off in the comments and let me know what you think!

Hope you're all having a great day, and be sure to check out all the other looks created by the other halves of the British Nail Bloggers!



16 comments:

  1. Adorable!!!! He did a really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he did really well!!! Way to go Mr. Faff!! Isn't it funny to see their interpretation of how we do things because we all know they don't pay attention :-P Even though I'm not British, I think I shall ask my hubby to do my nails and see how well he does!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sends his thanks Dani. It really was a lot of fun! Since this is a tag, I don't see any reason why you have to be part of the British Nail Bloggers group... consider yourself officially tagged. :)

      Delete
  3. Asthma issue is same for hubby so I won't be posting one of these. I did mention it, but he said he needed his lungs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely picked amongst my less smelly polishes and his cleanup involved me giving him the q-tip already dipped so that I could hold the acetone well away from him, and of course we did it in an open room and he didn't seem to suffer, so I guess we were just able to take the right precautions. Sorry you and your hubby can't participate :(

      Delete
  4. Awwww way to go!!!! Im so proud.... Can he do mine when Y'all get here??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fine... ask HIM to paint your nails. I see how it is!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Charlie! And thanks for having the awesome idea to begin with!

      Delete
  6. He did so well! The least said the better about the Liverpool theme, but other than that its great! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't officially picked a team to support yet myself. Since he won't wear burnt orange for my Longhorns back home, I won't wear red for him. I should support Man U just to frustrate him!

      Delete
  7. This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I wonder if I could get my SO to do my nails...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should absolutely ask him, and then post the results if he agrees!

      Delete
  8. Ooo well done Mr. Faff, very clever!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and reply whenever I have time. Thanks for reading and interacting with me!