Monday 3 February 2014

Mani Monday: Purple Shinies!

Hey y'all!

I like to play on top of my swatches, because it seems like a waste of good polish otherwise.  Yesterday I showed you the gorgeous shade-shifters from the Rimmel Metal Rush line, and this is the nail art I'm wearing on top of it today.




To get this ultra sparkley look, I started with my base color of Rimmel Purple Reign, 2 coats over black.  You can see a swatch of this by itself in yesterday's post.


I then used a purple glitter polish that came in a set of 3 by Bgirl that I won in Wendy's giveaway.  I have set number 3, FYI.  I know these were intended to be worn as a gradient effect, but I don't really much care for this particular set of shades in a gradient, so I doubt I'll be using them as intended.  However, the polishes stand alone BEAUTIFULLY, and I knew this sparkly cluster would work well with Purple Reign.


I covered my ring finger and thumb in the purple glitterbomb, and did triangular halfsies on my index and pinky.  I love the little holo glitters mixed in with the purple and silver!


The iridescent rhinestone on my index finger also came in that same giveaway haul, but it was from a Nail Rock set.  After I had sorted everything and put it away, I discovered two little lonesome stones hanging out on my desk, so I figured they must've jumped out and willed me to use them.


The stamping on my middle finger came off the MJ XII plate (the "Doctor Who" plate) and was done with Rimmel 239 - Your Majesty.  After doing this manicure I finally located a bottle of Barry M Silver Foil, so I'll be using that for silver stamping in the future.

On the nail mail front, I received a bunch of goodies that I ordered when Pocket Money Polishes announced that she was closing down shop.  It's been very sad these past couple of weeks, as so many UK indies have announced that they're shutting down, either temporarily, indefinitely or permanently.  I'm quite sad that I have only been able to scratch the surface of the available indie makers, but there's only so much time and money available for purchasing polishes, and I've only been here 8 months!  However, I am making it a goal to purchase from one new UK indie every month. 

In other news, I passed my driving theory test!  I didn't score as high as I had hoped I would, but a pass is a pass, and I'll take it.  Now I have 3 months to get my practical driving test out of the way, and I'll be a big girl licensed driver once again.  Gonna need to book at least one more lesson, as I haven't had to parallel park in 20 years, but it's way more common over here so I definitely need a refresher. 

Hope you're all off to a great start for the week!


8 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! Wow! Congratulations on passing your test and good luck with parallel parking (I avoid it at all costs!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I usually avoid it too (see: 20 years without) but I have a sinking feeling that I won't be able to avoid it for that long living over here where everyone does it. The other thing I have to work on it using both hands turn the wheel without crossing over. Twenty years of bad habits are hard to break. My instructor makes fun of me when she catches me doing it because I look like I'm cranking the wheel of a semi. :)

      Delete
  2. These are pretty and matched your bog and prop perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've paralleled parked three times my whole life. I'd only consider one of those times a success. I'll send you all the good luck I can muster :)

    On a more important (maybe?) note, gorgeous nails! I love this sparkly look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it! I have a driving lesson on Monday, so I'm going to make her run me through it til I have it down pat!

      Thank you! I figured if anyone would love the shinies, it'd be you! :)

      Delete
  4. This mani is amazing!!!!! I love everything about it down to the quartz rock you used as a prop!! I was a little thrown off though when you greeted us with y'all but it says you're a British Blogger!! Upon reading your bio I now understand! How awesome!! Okay now, back to the mani. I love how you made this last longer with some nail art, I really need to start doing that. That gemstone on your ring finger is just gorgeous too! Good luck on your driving test, I can't imagine what it would be like to go from driving in the USA to driving in GB!! I would have to remember to be on the right side of the road, haha! Enough rambling for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! Yeah, I expect that both the title of my blog and my Texasisms will probably continue to confuse people, but I've never been shy of confusing people, so why start now? :) I love my little geode - it's the perfect size prop and I can turn it several ways to get different finger positions or switch colors, so it has become my go-to prop for nail art (as opposed to holding a bottle for swatching). Thanks for the luck - I'm scheduled to take my practical test at the end of this month, so I can use all the luck I can get until then!

      Delete

I love reading your comments and reply whenever I have time. Thanks for reading and interacting with me!