Thursday 12 December 2013

CNTCWC D3: Holiday Colors

Hey y'all!

So today's theme is Holiday Colors (actually, the list says Holiday Colours, but yanno, I'm a 'murkin), and this is the first time that I've ever had a mani ready to go with pics and everything and then completely changed it on the day of posting.  I got some nail mail this morning of two limited edition Quirk polishes (and by limited edition, I mean there were like, 3 of each made) and was so excited that I scrapped my Christmas baubles mani altogether, though it may show up later in the challenge.

Quirk is another UK indie, created by Kerrie of PishPosh and Polish.  They are handmade, 3-free, and currently consist of glitter toppers, but since the line is new, I imagine this will not always be the case.  I purchased her two holiday LEs, one called Candy Land and the other called Evergreen.

Since the theme is Holiday Colors, I thought what better way to play with new polish than to use them in the nail art challenge THAT VERY SAME DAY???



I started by creating a gradient of OPI Liquid Sands, in Solitaire and Honey Ryder.  Once dry, I swiped Candy Land on my index, middle, and pinky fingers.  Oh, and I should mention, it's scented like peppermint, because Kerrie's *that* cool.


The polish practically didn't take any work - it laid down pretty nicely atop the textured base, though on my pinky you can see I got a little heavy-handed trying to get the white glitters to come off the brush.  That was the first finger I painted, though, so obviously I figured it out by the time I got to the other two.



Next I applied Evergreen to my ring finger and thumb.  This one did take a bit more work to get those big green holos to come off the brush, but SO worth it!  Also, this polish does not smell like trees, so that's okay.


I finished the look by adding a tiny white and silver bow charm that I picked up at a pound store - I can't even remember which one.  I've had them for a while now, and I felt like this was my first opportunity to really use them.  I think it adds something to this mani.

Colors Used:
OPI Solitaire
OPI Honey Ryder
Quirk Candy Land
Quirk Evergreen

I also took some bottle shots of these polishes up close, so you can see the yummy goodness inside.

Also, I didn't use these in the mani, but these polishes came with die-cut glitters, which are marked as solvent resistant, which means I could add them to the polishes if I wanted.  I opted not, because I didn't want to have to fish them out later, and would rather use them with tweezers for perfect placement.
Too cute, huh?

Anyway... as I stated earlier, these polishes were LE, so I don't think they'll be available again (unless Kerrie wants to make some more next year), but if they're any indication of the kind of polishes she's going to be making the rest of the time, then I'm a fan. 

I hope you guys enjoyed my madness in creating a new manicure based off polishes I just received today.  I'm not sure if this kind of spontaneity is creative genius (I wish), fan girl excitement (more likely) or just plain cray-cray (winner!).  Hope you guys are having a fantastic week!

Also, be sure to check out the rest of the Holiday Colours manicures created by the ladies from Crumpet's Nail Tarts, below.

Much love,
Ali

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for using my polishes, I am so happy you love them! This manicure is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and reply whenever I have time. Thanks for reading and interacting with me!