Thursday 7 November 2013

Hey, Swatch It! - ILNP UltraChromes, pt 1

Hey y'all!

So as part of my MASSIVE haul when we were in Texas, I broke down and decided to order some of the GORGEOUS UltraChromes from Barbra at I Love Nail Polish. ILNP is an indie brand based in Las Vegas, and while it's only a little over a year old, she has truly created a great brand for herself.  First off, all of her polishes are 3-Free, so there's no nasty chemicals to worry about.  Secondly, all of her packaging, including the shipping boxes and even the TISSUE PAPER are branded to match!  Totally made it feel like I was receiving something special.  In fact, I WAS!

So my initial order was for 4 polishes- two UCs and two holos.  I loved the two UCs so much that I had to go back and order the other 2 before we left the States!  In total, that means I have 6 polishes to show you, so I'm going to break this down into 3 posts.

Today, let's take a look at Mutagen and My Little Glacier.

Both of these gorgeous polishes have a kind of rose-gold shift, so I thought they'd be appropriate to swatch together.  Let's start with a bottle shot, side by side.  I should say that none of my bottles looked as nice as the pics on the website, however, the polishes all came out stunning.  I assume temperature may have something to do with it, and also maybe I need to hurry up and finish my light tent for photos.

Mutagen on left, My Little Glacier on right.


Mutagen is listed on the website as "cascading through green, blue, red, and orange".  It applied nicely in 3 coats, and there is no top coat in any of these pics.  You can really see why she called this collection ULTRA chromes!  Whereas I can see the shifts on my nails at different times of day, I could never capture these exact shifts on camera. 


What I did manage to capture, however, was a brilliant emerald green shifting to more of a gold-dust green and on to the aforementioned rosegold.  I've done two shift gifs, one indoor and one out.
 
Indoor shift
Outdoor shift
You can definitely see more shifting in the outdoor pics than the indoor ones, and that will be true in all of my shift pics from this collection.  The light just hits better outside.  However, that said, this is still a gorgeous polish, indoor or out!  I can see it turning up in some Christmas-y nail art in the future!

Next we'll move onto My Little Glacier.

This little pretty has two very distinct shifts between a very icy steel and a bright steely blue.  Her website says there should be hints of purple, red, and yellow as well, but I never saw those.  Instead I caught flashes of a rosy-gold color that you'll see below.  Again, these pics are 3 coats with no topcoat.
Indoor
Outdoor
Did you catch the rose color? It's right in the center of my nailbeds. 


Of the 4 UCs in this collection, this one had the least obvious color shifts, but it's still quite special and will be beautiful for winter.

I'm absolutely gutted that I can't photograph these polishes better.  They're both charming, shiny, and utterly captivating in person.  If you're a fan of chrome finishes, this is definitely a collection you need in your stash!

Tomorrow I'll be back with the other 2 polishes from the ILNP UC collection, Cygnus Loop and Birefringence.

What do you think so far?